Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Texas Long-Range Plan for Technology

After analyzing the Texas Long-Range Plan for Technology, I am supposed to summarize my findings by answering the question, "How can my new learning assist me as an instructional leader who is guiding technology use and integration at my campus?"
Well let me begin by saying that until this unit of study I was not aware of the existence of such a plan. So much for the trickle down theory of information! I knew that once a year, all Texas teachers had to complete a STaR Chart, but I thought that was just another way to find something else for teachers to do in their excessive free time. I was amazingly impressed with the depth of thought that was put into the Texas Long-Range plan and now that I am aware of its existence I can see the effects of it in the individual classrooms.
Taking the time to carefully read and analyze the plan will prepare me to be an instructional leader who is knowledgeable of the goals of the state in the area of technology and to create a vision for my campus which integrates the use of technology into curriculum and instruction. Students and teachers alike will benefit from this knowledge, and as an instructional leader who realizes the impact of technology on today's learner I will be better prepared to budget and plan for a learning environment in which technology plays a key role.

No comments:

Post a Comment